Richard (Rick) Gibson
Austin, Texas 78738
The one key take-away for me was the foundational process of demonstrating credibility which is the key to gaining others’ acceptance and support of the team as I am dependent upon others for success. My personal and professional credibility ultimately determines how people respond to me and how effective I will be as a leader.
Credibility consists of trust, authenticity, transparency, listening, being responsive and words of affirmation. Of all of these, trust is the most critical driver as the basis for honest and straightforward communications to stakeholders and the teams.
Personal and professional credibility determines how people respond to you and how effective you will be as a leader. My team observes words and actions. As a leader, I understand that I am working for the team objectives and goals and I must continually reinforce them in both words and actions.
Creating a positive environment includes working with team members to create the ground rules (a playbook) in expectations regarding performance, accountability, decision-making and problem resolution. This also includes mentoring my team in how to effectively address issues and the importance of communication.
Addressing issues and actions are part of the daily balance to support keeping the team moving forward. I work hard to insulate the team from interference from a variety of sources to ensure that the team receives the visibility and creates and environment that supports their empowerment. Communications is critical to reach consensus in the project goals and objectives. My team’s success and failures are the responsibility of my leadership.
Credibility is the actions in alignment with communication that supports the successful results which drives results towards the expected outcome of the project and the team.
Summary of Qualifications
40+ years of a diversified background:
- Focused leader, recognized for delivering superior results.
- Well qualified executive with over 25 years of experience managing high level corporate global operations.
- Increased competitive advantage to customers and enhanced customer satisfaction and retention by providing a high-quality user experience. Revenue increased from $100 million to $2.1 billion in 2 years resulting in becoming a top ten site for online sales in North America.
- Build–Grow-Develop – Successfully created and led teams of (30-150) business and IT professionals to strengthen a mature online strategy that continue to evolve resulting in continuous sales growth and increased marketing exposure.
- Lead/Partner with business, marketing, developers and designers globally in branding and marketing the development and execution of online strategies.
- Confident communicator, capable of building lasting relationships with senior management of clients, partners and vendors. Increased collaboration across the organization in the development and execution of online purchasing solutions resulting in increased customer satisfaction, customer engagement and sales. (Increase direct sales of 65% over 2 years)
- Engage actively in speaking and participating in conferences, webinars and other forums implementing best practices and trends in web and mobile technologies including media-driven branding and presence.
- Well versed in presentations, accustomed to addressing clients, vendors, partners, shareholders and corporate board of directors.
- Visionary, with track record for finding innovative ways to grow revenue and increase margins. Aligned vision and unified execution across business and IT teams by leveraging standardization of eCommerce tools and delivery strategies and restructuring the transactional online business project roadmap.
- History of success, leading initiatives for sales, marketing, advertising and product management in revenue creation and generation.
- Known for managing turnaround projects with 100% success rate.
- Expertise in the web analysis and deployment of eCommerce solutions.
- Managed multi-million dollar budgets with full P&L responsibility. Directed the semi-annual and annual individual performance reviews and active mentoring.
- Championed the development and implementation of strategic plans and innovative marketing ideas.
With Civility Consulting, I have been working with entrepreneur clients who desire to communicate a consistent and memorable brand to the marketplace, build an inviting and collaborative company culture and create an extraordinary customer experience. When your brand, company culture and client experience are congruent, or integrated, we call that integrity. We exist to support integrity in the marketplace. Our focus is on sustainable success. We are interested in creating systems that put practical skills in place to create success for a lifetime.